Financing Weight Loss SurgeryResearch shows that affording an obese lifestyle, including grocery and medical bills, can seriously drain one's personal bank account. A new study by George Washington University** estimated that an obese lifestyle can add at least $5000 per year to a person's annual expenditures. Consider the following statistics and financing information - weight loss surgery might be the next step to reshaping your physical as well as financial health, too!
Profile for Obesity in LA, US*:
- 2/3 Adults in America
- 1/3 Children and Teens in America
- At Risk for 20 Major Diseases
- Louisiana, 5th in US for leading obesity trends
- $5000 Annual Expenses for Obese Lifestyle**
Some insurance plans may or may not provide coverage for weight loss surgery, so when insurance coverage is not available, Baton Rouge General provides affordable, alternative financing options. In certain cases, claiming expenses associated with weight loss surgery with the IRS is permissible, and tax-deductible. Click here to learn about insurances accepted at Baton Rouge General or email us your question at email@example.com.
Click here to view accepted insurances
General Insurance Eligibility Requirements
- ≥ 18 years of age
- 2-5 year history of disease
- BMI ≥ 40 OR BMI ≥ 35 with at least one comorbidity (other existing health condition/disease)
- 3-6 month medically supervised diet and exercise program
- Nutritional evaluation
- Behavioral evaluation