How do I sign up?
- Step 1: Complete the Volunteer Interest Form
- Step 2: Meet with a volunteer coordinator
- Step 3: Take your free Tuberculosis (TB) skin test
- Step 4: Attend an orientation
- Step 5: Shadow a volunteer in your selected area
Volunteer OpportunitiesWe offer a variety of rewarding volunteer opportunities to match your interests, abilities and hours of availability. All volunteer positions are weekday daytime hours. Click here to view our areas of greatest need. For more information, contact Volunteer Services at (225) 387-7079 or Volunteers@BRGeneral.org.
Benefits of Volunteering
Baton Rouge General appreciates and values our volunteers and recognizes them throughout the year in a variety of ways. Listed below are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Cafeteria & Gift Shop discounts
- Award pins
- Skill development
- Free lunch and learn sessions
- Free TB screening
- Quarterly newsletter
- Annual socials and celebrations