College VolunteersHow do I sign up?
- Step 1: Complete the Volunteer Interest Form
- Step 2: Meet with a volunteer coordinator
- Step 3: Take your free Tuberculosis (TB) skin test
- Step 4: Attend an orientation
- Step 5: Shadow a volunteer in your selected area
Session Times & Application Deadlines:
Spring Session 2015: February 1 - May 16
Application deadline: January 5
Tentative orientation dates: January 23 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or January 26 from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Summer Session 2015: June 1 - August 1
Application deadline: May 15
Orientation: May 25 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or May 29 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Fall Session 2015: September 6 - December 12
Application deadline: August 14
Orientation: August 28 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or August 31 from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Currently enrolled college student
- Ability to work a four-hour shift once a week (total of 50 hours for Spring/Fall and 30 hours for Summer)
- Strong customer service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
- Attire to be worn at all times within the hospital: Khaki pants, closed toe shoes, white button down or polo shirt tucked in and belted pants. Hospital badge provided by Volunteer Services.
- 2 step TB test completed before orientation date
- Completed application with appropriate signatures
- Attend or complete orientation process before volunteer shift is assigned
Certificate of Attendance:
Certificate of Volunteering will be distributed to those persons completing the minimum number hours of volunteering
For more information, contact Volunteer Services at (225) 387-7079 or Volunteers@BRGeneral.org.