Baton Rouge General has a retail pharmacy located on our Bluebonnet campus. As a service to patients, we fill prescriptions and offer a stock of other pharmacy-related items.
- Most insurance plans accepted.
- Our prescription co-pays are the same as other pharmacies.
- Refills are easily transferred to your neighborhood pharmacy.
- We accept cash, Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
- Bluebonnet: 8585 Picardy Ave., Baton Rouge
- The Corner Pharmacy is conveniently located in the lobby on the first floor near the Gift Shop next to Elevator A.
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Rx Hotline: (225) 763-4693
- Turn on auto fill for new prescriptions you would like automatically refilled as they are due
- Turn off auto fill for old prescriptions or medications you no longer need
General Health System Compounding Pharmacy
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Baton Rouge General - Mid City Campus
Phone: (225) 387-7627
Fax: (225) 387-7625
The FDA defines compounding as a practice in which a licensed pharmacist or a licensed physician combines, mixes, or alters ingredients of a prescribed drug to create a medication tailored to the needs of an individual patient.
GHS’s compounding pharmacy will provide external, non-sterile compound prescriptions.
Benefits of Compounding for Patients:
- Provides a particular patient with the exact dose of the medication prescribed.
- Improves outcomes because the medication is tailored to meet prescriber’s plan for the patient’s medication therapy.
- Solve unique needs of patients when commercially available drugs cannot. For example:
- Change of dosage form
- Change of dose concentration
- Remove objectionable ingredient found in commercial medication form
- Replace medications on temporary manufacturer’s back-order
- Replace medications which are no longer provided in manufactured form.
- Operates within the TRIAD-OF-CARE, which is the close interaction between patient, prescriber, and pharmacist.
Example Compound Prescription Uses*:
Bio-identical hormone replacement
Vulvar lichen schlerosis
Breast cancer risk/reduction
*other conditions treated