Serves: 12 muffins
Serving size: 2 muffins
- 9 large eggs
- 8 ounces ground breakfast sausage
- 1 red, green, or yellow bell pepper, or a combination
- ½ cup frozen spinach, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded cheese (optional), sprinkled on top before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking
spray or coconut oil. Set aside.
- Brown the ground sausage in a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then mix in the sausage, bell peppers,
kale, and black pepper. Pour the mixture into muffin tins, filling ¾
of the way. Sprinkle with cheese (optional). Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, use a knife to loosen from the sides.
Egg bites can be frozen. To reheat, microwave for 1-2 minutes before serving.