The BRG school of nursing admitted its 35th and final class of nursing
students to its diploma program in January 2018.
Candidates applying for admission are required to complete nine specific
prerequisite college credit courses (28 credit hours) listed below prior
to admission with a grade of C or better. The overall grade point average
(GPA) for the prerequisite courses must be 2.7 or better. The required
college credit courses are part of the program of study and must be completed
at an approved university.
For approved university course equivalents, click
- College Algebra (3 credit hours)*
- Developmental Psychology (3 credit hours)
- English Composition (3 credit hours)*
- General Chemistry (3 credit hours)
- General Psychology (3 credit hours)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (3 credit hours)*
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II (3 credit hours)*
- Nutrition (3 credit hours)
- Microbiology and Laboratory (4 credit hours)
*Must be completed by
August 31 of the year of application. All other courses must be completed by
December 1 of the year of application.
To apply to Baton Rouge General’s School of Nursing, you must submit
the following items by the dates listed below to:
Baton Rouge General School of Nursing
3616 North Boulevard
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Submit the following by July 31:
Submit the following by August 31:
Upon acceptance, the following must be submitted:
- A nonrefundable administrative fee of $50 by deadline stated in acceptance letter
- Two passport photographs
- Application for Approval to Enroll in Clinical Nursing Courses of the LSBN
- Required documents noted on application
- Two completed fingerprint cards
- Authorization For Criminal Background Check
- Non-refundable fees
- Current medical history and physical – to be completed by your primary
- Proof of CDC recommended immunizations and titers for healthcare providers
- Drug test screening – to be performed by Baton Rouge General. Scheduling
information provided upon acceptance.
Baton Rouge General's School of Nursing offers an LPN Mobility Program
for Licensed Practical Nurses who meet additional admission and selection
criteria. This program allows the qualified applicant to challenge and
receive credit for Nursing 105 and 106 (12 hours). The remainder of the
curriculum can be completed in three semesters according to the curriculum
included in the program of study.
To be eligible for the program, LPNs must meet the following general admission
and selection criteria:
- Complete the School of Nursing’s application process and meet all
general admission and selection criteria.
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Louisiana
- Must have two years of LPN nursing experience in an acute care hospital
- Achieve the required decision score on the National League for Nursing
Acceleration Challenge Exam I, Foundations of Nursing which will be administered
at the Baton Rouge General School of Nursing.
- Complete additional skills demonstrations, learning modules and testing
which will be completed at the School of Nursing
For more information, contact the School of Nursing at (225) 387-7623 or