Aging adults have unique physical, emotional and social needs. Our goal
at BRG is to promote a healthy lifestyle to address all patient needs
through education, medication management and psychotherapy. We offer treatment
in our hospital for
adults age 50 and above who suffer from mental health disorders, dual diagnoses, and/or behavioral
issues secondary to other age related conditions. Our team
has been recognized for ensuring that adults age 65 and over receive quality care, and our
dedicated social workers and staff work with the family and multidisciplinary
team to create a safe, healthy, discharge plan for the patient. We accept
voluntary and involuntary admissions. Average length of stay, depending
on severity of illness, is 7 to 14 days.
Common Conditions Treated
- Bipolar Disorder
- Major Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Adult/Geriatric Mood Disorders
- The unit is secured, with family visiting daily from 1 p.m.-2 p.m. and
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Visitors cannot bring personal items to the unit, including purses and phones.
- Patients should bring no more than three changes of clothing without laces
Your clinician can refer you by sending nurses’ notes, including
documentation of behavioral concerns, face sheet, history, physical, most
recent MAR, and any current diagnostics including lab work by fax to (225)
381-6141. With questions, please call (225) 387-7904.