Why Choose Us?
Thirty years ago, Baton Rouge General was the first accredited cancer program
in the area to treat cancer patients. Since then, our team of expert physicians,
skilled nurses and specialists have cared for nearly 30,000 patients with
a variety of treatments while achieving the following:
- Staffed by only board-certified medical oncologists and hematology oncologists
- Named #1 in Baton Rouge by consumers two years in a row
Offering the only
IL-2 treatment in the state
First in the area to offer the
Hidden Scar breast cancer procedure
First accredited comprehensive
breast center in Louisiana
First facility in the nation to use the ARTISTE, the most advanced linear
accelerator at the time
- Recognized twice for innovation by the Association of Community Cancer Centers
- 2013 – Creation of emergency charts for patients to use in the event
of a disaster
- 2014 – Allowing patients to receive dietitian services over video chat
- Radiation oncology services at three locations –– Bluebonnet,
Mid City and Zachary
- Named Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
clinical trials to expand cancer research and find a cure
Whether we’re administering treatment with the latest technology,
finding transportation for patients in need, or researching cures, each
member of BRG’s team of cancer care experts loves what we do, and
it’s important to us that you feel like family.
We understand that you have a choice in who provides your cancer care.
At BRG, you are not just another patient. Our focus is on developing a
comprehensive cancer treatment plan specifically for your needs –
with treatment that you can get right here in Baton Rouge – for
better healing and recovery near the comforts of home.