Why Choose Us?
Thirty years ago, Baton Rouge General was the first accredited cancer program
in the area to treat cancer patients. Since then, our team of expert physicians,
skilled nurses and specialists have cared for nearly 30,000 patients with
a variety of treatments while achieving the following:
- Staffed by only board-certified medical oncologists and hematology oncologists
- Named #1 in Baton Rouge by consumers two years in a row
- Offering the only IL-2 treatment in the state
- First in the area to offer the Hidden Scar breast cancer procedure
- First accredited comprehensive breast center in Louisiana
- First facility in the nation to use the ARTISTE, the most advanced linear
accelerator at the time
- Radiation oncology services at three locations –– Bluebonnet,
Mid City and Zachary
- Named Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Offering clinical trials to expand cancer research and find a cure
- First in State to receive National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- First in Baton Rouge to receive Commission on Cancer (CoC) accreditation
from the American College of Surgeons (ACOS)
- Certified by the American College of Radiology
- Opened the city’s first and only nodule clinic for lung cancer and
have advanced software for lung cancer screening
Whether we’re administering your treatment with the latest technology,
finding transportation for patients in need, or researching cures, each
member of our cancer care experts loves what we do, and it’s important
to us that you feel like family.
We understand that you have a choice in who provides your cancer care.
At BRG, you are not just another patient. Our focus is on developing a
comprehensive cancer treatment plan specifically for your needs –
with treatment that you can get right here in Baton Rouge – for
better healing and recovery near the comforts of home.