LSVT BIG™ is a research-based exercise approach developed from principles
of the effective Parkinson’s speech treatment LSVT LOUD™.
LSVT programs have been developed and scientifically researched over the
past 20 years with funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Research on LSVT BIG™ has documented improved ratings on tests of
motor functioning in people with Parkinson's Disease following treatment.
LSVT BIG™ treatment consists of:
- Faster walking
- Improved balance
- Increased trunk rotation
LSVT BIG™ treatment:
- 16 sessions: 4 consecutive days a week for 4 weeks
- Individual 1 hour sessions
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carryover exercises
- Trains a single target of amplitude (bigger movements)
- Drives intensive and high-effort practice
- Teaches the amount of effort required to produce normal movements
- Translates bigger movements into real-world, everyday activities
- Empowers people with Parkinson’s Disease with their potential to improve!
LSVT BIG™ will teach you how to avoid inactivity and keep your movements
ALIVE during everyday activities. It will help you participate fully and
improve the quality of your life. Baton Rouge General is proud to have
therapists who are certified in LSVT BIG™. To learn more about the
program, call one of our two locations.
Mid City: (225) 381-6520
Bluebonnet: (225) 763-4050