Imaging/Radiology ServicesBaton Rouge General's Imaging Center is capable of performing all your imaging needs. Our Imaging Center, which is staffed by Board Certified physicians specializing in diagnostic radiology, is conveniently located at both our campuses and is accessible 24 hours a day.
We understand that women have unique healthcare needs, and we believe you deserve access to a special place created specifically for you--a safe place where you can receive first-class, compassionate care with the advanced technology and services you expect. Located at both Bluebonnet and Mid City campuses, we have the top mammography technology available. We focus on prevention, detection and treatment when it comes to breast health. And because our new, advanced imaging technology is all digital, we can communicate directly with your physician--sending test results and scans to them electronically in a matter of minutes.
In 2010, Baton Rouge General's Women's Center was named the first accredited comprehensive Breast Center in Louisiana by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. This means that we have undergone a rigorous application process and evaluation to assure NAPBC standards are being met. The Women's Center is also accredited in mammography by the American College of Radiology.
Some of the services provided by our Women's Center include:
- Screening and diagnostic mammography
- Genetic testing and counseling
- High resolution breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Second opinion consultations for imaging tests performed elsewhere
- Stereotactic, ultrasound and MRI-guided biopsy
- Core needle biopsy
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Medical and radiation oncology, which includes exclusive access to ARTISTE--the latest technology in radiation therapy
- Progressive treatment options, such as Mammosite, a five-day breast treatment option
- Breast reconstruction
- Support services, including nutritional counseling, navigation assistance
- Physical therapy services, including Louisiana's only certified Lymphedema support and Healthy Steps exercise programs
To learn more about breast health and when you should be screened, please click here. To schedule an appointment at either of our hospitals, please call (225) 763-4777. Please note, a doctor's order is required.