WellnessAs your partner in health, we focus on each person's unique needs: physically, mentally and spiritually. It is important to take care of yourself by maintaining good health through physical activity and proper nutrition. Our wellness program offers many options to help you maintain a healthy, fit lifestyle.
Baton Rouge General's Metabolic Spectrum Center provides comprehensive medical care. We focus on you as a person with unique needs: physically, mentally and spiritually. We also value having a relationship with you and your family, and try hard to make the most of your time by offering many services right in our office.
Our services include:
- Clinic Weight Management
- Diabetes Education Program
- Fitness Testing and Training
- Nutrition Therapy and Counseling
- Smoking Cessation
- Sore Throat
- Minor lacerations
- Back pain and muscle aches
Care of Children
- Infants and children over 6 months of age
- Adolescents and young adults
Care of the ElderlyMinor complaints
To learn more about our services, please call the Metabolic Spectrum Center at (225) 819-1175.
To register for a fitness class, please click here to view our events calendar.
*Classes great for seniors
Boot CampFitness boot camp is a group exercise class that mixes traditional calisthenics and body weight exercises with interval training and strength training. Most boot camps are designed to resemble a military boot camp and push the participants harder than they'd push themselves. No boot camp experience is necessary to begin classes, but it is recommended that participants have a good level of cardiovascular and fitness level prior to participation and no current injuries.
- Bluebonnet: Monday & Thursday from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Mid City: Monday & Wednesday from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Bluebonnet: Wednesday from 5:15 - 6:15 p.m.
- Bluebonnet: Friday from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Mid City: Tuesday from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Healthy Steps Lebed EXERCISE Program*
- Bluebonnet: Thursday from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Mid City: Tuesday from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Bluebonnet: Tuesday from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Mid City: Thursday from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. & 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Mid City: Monday & Wednesday from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
To register for a fitness class, please click here.
All fitness class participants are required to obtain a physician’s release prior to participation. Please call (225) 237-1568 to find out how to obtain these forms or click here to download a copy. All necessary paperwork must be filled out prior to accepting payment. Cash or credit card payments must be made prior to participation. No personal checks will be accepted. Fees are non-refundable.
Baton Rouge General can provide you with the tools and support you need to be successful in quitting tobacco with our Smoking Cessation program. Cost for participants is $25 for one five-week program series.
The five-week Smoking Cessation program is a combination of American Cancer Society's FreshStart program and Baton Rouge General's FIT initiatives. Group sessions will address real life issues surrounding the lifestyle of a smoker including weight control, stress management, fighting the urge to smoke and staying smoke-free.
Let us help you get started on a smoke-free lifestyle today. This five-week session covers the following topics:
- Decide to Quit
- Planning to Quit
- Your Quit Day
- Staying Quit
- Healthy Tips to Support Your Quit
Click here for class dates and to register.