Excellence In General Gala
Since 1990, the Excellence In General Award has been presented by the Baton
Rouge General Foundation to recognize outstanding achievement by individuals,
families and corporations in our community. These individuals must:
- Hold high ethical standards
- Exemplify commitment and dedication toward helping society
- Have made a significant impact on our community through lifetime achievements
An anonymous committee of Baton Rouge General executives and members of
the Foundation Board of Governors select the winner each year, and present
the award at the Excellence in General Gala.
Listed below are previous honorees who have accepted this prestigious award:
- Past Honorees:
- 1990 - Page Acree, MD
- 1991 - Skip Bertman
- 1993 - Charles Prosser, MD
- 1994 - Clyde Edgar Johnson, PhD
- 1995 - Ralph F. Howe, Sr.
- 1996 - Mary Jane Howell
- 1997 - Mary Frey Eaton
- 1998 - John W. Barton, Sr.
- 1999 - The Singletary Family
- 2000 - The Pennington Family
- 2001 - D. Jensen Holliday
- 2002 - Dr. Frank and Ann McMains
- 2003 - Paula Garvey Manship
- 2010 - Nanette Noland
- 2011 - The Claude Kirkpatrick Family
- 2012 - Dr. Eugene Berry & Albemarle Corporation
- 2013 - Kleinpeter Farms Dairy & The Leon R. & Lillian G. Kleinpeter Family
*The Excellence in General Gala was not held in 2014, and at the 2015 event,
all past winners were recognized. The gala is now held every two years,
and the next event takes place in 2017.
View 2015 Excellence in General Photos