Your Gifts at Work
Your gifts truly make a difference. Baton Rouge General is sincerely grateful
for all the support given to our hospital. Whether through a monetary
donation or the gift of time and talent, these contributions help us fulfill
our mission of caring for our community. Listed below are just a few purchases
recently made thanks to generous community supporters:
- The most advanced technological equipment to administer life-saving care
to our patients who have experienced burn injuries.
- Creation of a healing arts program and addition of two new Baby Grand player
pianos, all providing a calming and welcoming environment for our patients.
- Innovative programs for breast cancer survivors, including a specialized
exercise program focused on healing through movement and dance.
- Support groups providing emotional assistance for cancer patients experiencing
lymphedema as a result of their treatment
- Educational scholarships for nursing students.
- Community outreach program teaching families how to live fit and healthy
lifestyles through proper nutrition, physical activity and a positive
- Comprehensive neonatal care station which minimizes the effects of external
factors such as light, sound and touch, and promotes an exceptional healing
environment essential in the care of premature babies
- Expansion of our Inpatient Rehabilitation Department for patients working
to regain movement and strength.