Top 10 Most Stressful Jobs and How to Deal
NEWSFLASH: Work can be stressful. Okay, not so newsworthy, but are you
doing everything you can to make sure the tight deadlines, long hours,
difficult people and tough decisions aren’t leading to poor lifestyle choices?
According to CareerCast, here are the top 10 most stressful jobs of 2018:
- Enlisted military personnel
- Airline Pilot
- Police officer
- Event coordinator
- Public relations executive
- Senior corporate executive
- Taxi driver
If you are someone who thrives on stress, consider these job options. But
for those who prefer something with less pressure, CareerCast’s top 10
least stressful jobs include diagnostic medical sonographer, hair stylist, jeweler
and operations research analyst.
If you can’t leave a stressful job, reduce tension throughout your
day with one or more of these strategies. But don’t just read them
and do nothing - try at least one.
- Exercise. Physical activity helps reduce depression and anxiety. Whether
it’s running, yoga, or weight-lifting, any exercise goes a long
way in reducing stress.
- Eat real food. It’s easy to grab processed snacks when you’re
running from one obligation to the next, but try to pack some healthy
fruits and vegetables into your diet to provide the boost you need.
- Sleep. If you don’t get enough sleep every night, your body produces
more stress hormones – making you feel even MORE stressed.
- Take your vacation days. More than half of American workers left vacation
days on the table last year. Plan ahead and use those days to relax and recharge.