Preparing for Your Visit
On the day of your study please do the following:
- Do not take any naps
- Do not consume caffeine, food or drink after noon.
- Take a shower and arrive with clean, dry hair and well shaven. No hair
gel, oils, hairspray, weaves or wigs, No body lotions on legs. This will
help ensure better adhesion of electrodes.
- You may take your medication(s) unless otherwise directed by your physician.
Please wait to take any sleeping medication upon arrival to the sleep center.
- Make sure you have already had dinner and are ready for bed.
When you arrive please have the following things with you:
- Your medical insurance card and photo ID.
- Loose, comfortable sleep wear (no satin or silk).
- Personal items such as a toothbrush, hairbrush, and clothes to change into
the following morning.
- Bring your personal pillow if it helps you sleep better. Only one please.
*There are bathroom with showers at our Mid-City Sleep Center only.