Patients are often referred to our center because they meet the American
Burn Association’s referral criteria and need specialized burn care
that only a verified burn center can provide. Baton Rouge General provides
the most comprehensive and expert care for burn patients in our region.
Depending on the type and severity of the burn injury, some patients may
need to spend an extended amount of time in our Burn Center. BRG’s
Burn Center offers a multi-disciplinary team of experts caring for patients
recovering from injury. Services include critical care, surgery, wound
care, therapy, emotional support, and nutritional care.
Pediatric Burn Care
Baton Rouge General is home to South Louisiana's first Burn Center
for children. With compassionate clinicians specially trained to handle
pediatric burns, Baton Rouge General is here for you and your child.
We offer a variety of services for children, including:
- 24/7 availability to accept referrals and emergency admissions
- State-of-the-art wound care management with specially trained pediatric
pediatric rehabilitation programs
- Nutritional support focusing on specific needs of pediatric burn patients
- Coordination of home health or outpatient care after discharge
- Outpatient care for follow-up and management of minor burns
For more information on the types of pediatric patients we accept, please
call (225) 763-4670 or email