Medication Storage & Disposal
It is important to safely store your medication and dispose of any unused
pills that you do not use, especially opioids.
Safely store opioids out of reach of infants, children, teens & pets:
- Lock up your pills, if possible.
- Try to keep a count of how many pills you have left.
- Do not store your opioids in places that allow easy access to your pills.
(Example: bathrooms, kitchens)
Safely dispose of unused opioids:
- Medication take-back events
- Pharmacy & police station drop boxes
- Mix drugs (do not crush) with used coffee grounds or kitty litter in a
plastic bag, then throw away.
Click here to find a local medication drop-off location that will take back your