How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Baton Rouge General’s Internal Medicine
Residency Program. We participate in the National Residency Matching Program
and do not accept any applicants outside of the match. Applications are
accepted through the
Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). The deadline to submit an application is December 31 of each calendar year.
Before you submit your application, please note our admission requirements
and special instructions for graduates of medical schools outside of the
Applicants to the Internal Medicine Residency Program must have completed
and submitted the following upon application:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean’s Letter (MSPE)
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation from faculty or practitioners
with whom you have worked and who can comment on your personal and professional
- Personal Statement
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Official USMLE Step I and 2 transcripts
If applicable, please address and attach the following:
- Prior participation in a residency program
- Current or prior medical licensure in any state
- Current or prior suspension or revocation of licensure
- Current or prior participation in biomedical research that has resulted
in a publication or presentation
- Current or prior interruptions in your medical education
- Any aspect of your candidacy that might limit your ability to carry out
the requirements of the house staff position within the time frame of
- Plans to participate in the couples match
International Medical Graduates
We welcome International Medical Graduates; requirements for graduates
of medical schools outside the United States are listed below.
- You must be ECFMG Certified when applying if you have already graduated
from medical school, or you must be eligible for an ECFMG Certificate
in order to apply. We require that you submit your ECGMG certificate through
ERAS before February 1.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the U.S., or possess a valid visa
- Have a current U.S. mailing address
- Incomplete applications may result in a delay or elimination of application
review and subsequent invitations to interview.
- Each application is reviewed in its entirety for overall academic excellence,
leadership ability, career development potential and personal character.