On the day of your surgery remove all makeup, jewelry, body piercings,
nail polish, perfumes, dentures, partials and contact lenses. Valuables
such as a wallet, purse and cell phone should be left at home and if you
must bring these items, please plan to leave with a family member or friend
while you are in surgery.
What to Bring and What to Leave Home
- All medications in their respective containers
- Driver's license or picture ID
- Medical insurance cards
- Eye glasses and case
- Hearing aids
- Dentures and case
- Socks or slippers
- Emergency contact numbers
- Advance directives or living will (if you have one)
- Leave Home:
- Contact lenses
- Makeup or nail polish
- Any valuables (electronics, video cameras, etc.)
- For Overnight Stays:
- Bedclothes may be worn if approved by nursing staff
- Toiletries provided by staff
- Personal items such as dentures, glasses, hearing aids may be kept in your
bedside table. We are not responsible for items if they are lost.
- CPAP machine/equipment
Patients having surgery or a procedure should arrange to be dropped off
at the Main Entrance of the hospital or use valet parking and report to
the Admissions Office upon arrival. Our staff will direct you to Surgery
Check-in and can arrange a wheelchair if necessary.
Getting Here & Getting Around
Please arrive 2 hours before your scheduled procedure time or the time
your doctor’s office provides.